Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Weekend: chill music

The Weeknd: chill music.



Let me tell you about this band that always puts me in a good mood, The Weeknd. I was introduced to this band when I hoped into my friends car over the Summer.  I reamember entering the car and asked him what was playing. He showed me a bunch of other songs by him and before I knew it, I was hooked!  The Weeknd is very uniqe because although its considered a band, theres only one person in it. The Weekend is a young black male named Abel Tesfaye who people say sounds just like Michael Jackson. MJ is a huge inspiration on the weekends musical carreer. 


In this song, DD by The Weeknd, Abel did a Dirty Diana remake by Michael Jackson. If you know and recognized Michael Jackson's voice, you can clearly tell that their voices are similar.
My favorite song by The Weekend is the morning. The beat along with his smooth toned voice makes the song very chill and relaxing. Ive always been a fan of chill music and I would always recommend this song to my friends; especially here at Nichols College.
            
If any of you have the time, listen to this song. You won't be dissapointed. 
Not a lot of people know about the weekend yet. But there is a concert this month at The House of Blues in Boston, MA. You can buy tickets here for his concert on Monday October 22nd. Sadly, I wont be at this concert considering its on a school day but bmy highschool friends are very pumped for this. 
 Going to The Weeknd concert isnt like your average concert. Most rock concerts people would go to, they usually know all of their songs by heart, but the Weekend isnt like that at all. His music is more of a "feel good" genre that anybody could sit back and enjoy to. 
 Now you know why i love this band so much. I encourage every one to listen for him if you want to start off your day on a good note. 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this blog because I listen to The Weekend often. I like there style because it’s unique and soothing for a chill attitude. My favorite song is “In my zone”, I like this one because it always gets me focused and puts me in my zone. The Weekend lyrics have deeper meaning then most other songs. I use The Weekend as an alternate if I don’t want to listen to rap artists. I think The Weekend style is similar to Frank Ocean. Both make terrific music that has deeper meaning. I like that The Weekend does his music for free. His mix tapes could’ve been worth a great deal in money and awards. He decided not to worry about fame and make music from within. More and more people should start listening to The Weekend because I agree they won’t be disappointed with his music it’s a great way to relax.

    ReplyDelete