Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blog #2 Review of Rimmel London cosmetics

One day, I was walking around the makeup aisles in my local drugstore looking for a new waterproof eyeliner to use when I stumbled upon the Rimmel London section. I remember seeing commercials for Rimmel London products before, but was skeptical about trying them out at first because you never really know if the commercials are truths or over-exaggerations.  I looked for a dark black waterproof eyeliner that would be able to replace the one I had just gotten to the end of from another brand.  After a little searching, I was able to find the eyeliner I was looking for: Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Noir.  It was only $4.  How could I not purchase it at such a bargain compared to other brands?

When I tried it for the first time the next morning, it went on smooth and dark just the way I wanted.  I was pleased. It also stayed on for over six hours which was impressive.
I was thoroughly impressed with Rimmel London at that time.  I decided that I really liked that brand of makeup.  When I needed a new mascara, the first place I looked was Rimmel London.  I found one that I purchased called Sexy Curves mascara in extreme black. I went home to test it out and once again was thoroughly pleased with Rimmel London.
The product is advertised as being "The first Triple Plump brush with 3 x the curves for 70% curlier lashes."  My lashes definitely were longer, fuller, and more curled after applying the recommended two coats of mascara. The brush didn't clump my eye lashes like a lot of other mascaras and mascara wands tend to do either.

I saw a commercial a little while after for Rimmel London's Volume Flash Scandaleyes mascara and knew I had to try it.  I needed some new mascara anyway so this was just the perfect time.  It was about $8 which is a little steep for makeup, but it had just come out and it's good quality so I didn't really care all too much about price.
http://www.kimgray.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Rimmel-Scandaleyes-Mascara-1695-250x250.jpg
Another great product by Rimmel! Volume Flash Scandaleyes did exactly what it is said to on the packaging when I tried it out. The package claims that "The new MaxDensity brush, that’s 50% larger* and thicker, covers your lashes with attention – from corner to corner."  The mascara definitely defines, plumps, and volumizes my lashes.  It also makes them look longer.  All Rimmel products are a great success in my book.

I'm currently hooked on Rimmel London products.  Rimmel is the one brand that I always purchase when in need of new makeup products. They always have good quality at a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment