Sunday, October 14, 2012

Costello Revo Speed Review



Concussions are one of the biggest conversation topics when talking about football. Helmets are being made safer, and safer every year. However, most helmets cannot compare to that of the Riddell Revolution Speed. It is the safest helmet on the market. Virginia Tech researchers have been doing studies on helmets for about ten years now. The Revolution Speed was the first helmet that they gave a 5 star rating to, which is a perfect rating. The helmet is comfortable as well. I wore a Schutt helmet my Freshmen, and Sophomore year. However, I wore a Revo Speed my Junior, and Senior year. They did not compare. The Revo Speed was lighter, more comfortable, and safer. I cannot see any reason why someone would not buy the Speed, besides the price. Its starting price is a $265 which really is not that high of a price considering other helmets that go for over $400. The ratings can be seen here Revolution Speed Review.  The NFL is the highest level of football a person could possibly play at. All NFL players use the Revolution Speed, because of its excellence.  I had two concussions throughout my High School football career. They were both my Sophomore year. I barely remember the week after each one happened. My mom tells me I was sick to my stomach and constantly dizzy. She was the one who bought me the Revo Speed. I have not had another one since. In football there is like a transition period in the beginning of the season. Your head needs to get used to being hit again. Before I got the Revo Speed I had a wicked bad headache at the beggining of every football season for about a week. The transition period with the Revo Speed was much smoother. The headaches were practically gone, and for the first time I actually enjoyed playing football. 

All of my friends that bought the Revo Speed loved it as well. I have not heard or seen one bad review of this helmet. The price is in the middle of the pack, but the quality is at the top. All-in-all it is a safe buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment