Sunday, October 14, 2012

Prescott Blog #2

Minnesota is not just farms, trees, and lakes but it seems all the East coasters have there minds made up about that one. I have lived in four states and two countries in the last four years and have come to the conclusion that Minnesota has it all. Starting with the fact everyone knows about, the lakes. There is a lake within ten miles of virtually where ever you are in the state and unlike most other states, you can actually swim in it. Clean and safe lakes where you jet ski, tube, wakeboard, ski, just relax on the boat or beach, or the best part which is all of the tasty healthy fish.
  
Picture of the White Fish Chain in Crosslake, MN where my family owns a cabin.

If your living in Minnesota it doesn't necessarily mean that you are an outdoors person. In fact, in the twin cities where I'm from most people are not. Minneapolis and Saint Paul are just like any other major city in offering something for everyone, just on slightly smaller scale to a New Yorker, Toronto, or Boston native where I have all been and some lived. The nightlife in the cities and the suburbs around is the same as anywhere with lots of unreal spots to have a good time. Not to mention the lines are always shorter, prices are cheaper, if your in the right spot girls outnumber guys everytime, and fighting and crimes are not cool there. Also comes the food, if you're in the cities you can find whatever you are craving with all sorts home-stlye takes, just like all major cities it like the united nations of food downtown. My favorite part is on those long car trips I know on most exits you can find a little privately owned diner and have probably been to 50 different ones that I couldn't even name that all have amazing food to offer always cheap and fast.

Picture of St. Paul Skyline with Minneapolis off in the background.

Here is a link to great song written by Minnesota natives atmosphere called "SHHH". It's basically a rap about the reasons why they love Minnesota. I encourage anyone who reads my blog to read through the lyrics or download the song to hear.
http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Shhh-Hidden-Song-lyrics-Atmosphere/07A8C17B57CFBD5E48256DE6002E0EEF

I could go into much greater detail on why I believe Minnesota is a great place to live but to keep it simple its just because its right in the middle of all aspects of life. Populated but not too populated, fun but not too crazy, and for the most part the saying is true and that is that the people are "Minnesota Nice". I am not the only person who has blogged abut Minnesota and all the good things so feel free to check out the links below for another persons view.
http://blogs.citypages.com/dressingroom/2011/08/minnesota_best_state_50_reasons.php

http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/media/Blogs/Minnesota-Journeys/Meet-the-Bloggers/


2 comments:

  1. I really liked your blog about Minnesota. The description you gave made me want to visit that area of the United States. You made it seem like an extremely fun place to be, with fun things to do almost anywhere. I really liked this blog and I like how you included the great link to another persons review for the same town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be completely honest I have always been one of those typical east coaster who could never imagine why someone would want to live in a state that I have always thought was just made up of “farms, trees, and lakes”. The way you describe Minnesota makes it seem like an ideal place to live. I am not exactly an outdoors girl so the two cities Minneapolis and Saint Paul sound really appealing to me. The best thing is that they aren’t as dramatically large as New York or Boston because to me those two really popular cities are just too overcrowded. I absolutely love eating at small diners because of the authentic home-cooked feeling, so the idea of there being numerous amounts of them in Minnesota makes me more likely to ever want to visit. It was really interesting reading your blog about Minnesota because you made me view the area much different than ever before. The sentence “Populated but not too populated, fun but not too crazy, and for the most part the saying is true and that is that the people are "Minnesota Nice”.” is the reason I will probably end up visiting Minnesota at some point in my life!

    ReplyDelete