Friday, September 14, 2012

My name is Bryan Brooks-Gray also known as BBG. I'm  from Windsor, Connecticut but I lived there for only two years. I use to live in Bloomfield,Connecticut which is the next town over from Windsor. I wasn't born in the U.S. I was born in Saint Elizabeth,Jamaica, one of  largest parishes.I moved to the United Stated when was eight years old. My Junior year in high school I got an internship at Aetna  a Health Insurance Company in Hartford, Connecticut and I was excited when my manger had called me back to come work for him my Senior year. Both times I worked there I worked in the I.T Department. I graduated from Pathways to Technology Magnet High School in Windsor,Connecticut this past spring with the class of 2012. I'm currently a freshman at Nichols College majoring in General Business. I'm a fanatic of sports. In high school I played football, basketball, and ran track, expect for my senior. I dislocated my shoulder during the second game of  the 2011-2012 season and I had to get surgery so I couldn't play basketball or run track. Honestly, I didn't know what to do with myself after I got hurt and I couldn't play sports.That's when I came to realizes sports isn't everything and college sport teams only wants you for your abilities and they care about you after you get injured.

Basically what I want to gain out this course is to become an expert in Microsoft office so if I get any homework or a future job where I have to use Microsoft office I won't have any problems performing the task asked by the teacher or manger. I would like to learn how to budget my money on Excel.

The Blog that I found interesting to me is Kobe Bryant working with homeless in L.A. The reason why I chose this particular Blog is because I look up to Kobe Bryant, since I start to played basketball in the fourth grade and because people would always argue with me that Kobe is not a team player or he doesn't help out the communities in L.A or around the world.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Bryan, i found your blog very interesting. I think its pretty cool that you were born in a different country and moved to the US when you were 8 years old. Im also a business major and also played football in high school, which is pretty cool because it looks like were in the same boat. I also agree with your opinion on Kobe being a team player. I saw a couple of videos of him helping out kids from the ghetto by playing basketball with them during recess, which is a pretty honorable thing of him to do. Hope your shoulder is alright and good luck at your first year at Nichols.

    ReplyDelete