Saturday, September 15, 2012





My name is Robert Pinnock I was born in Newark, NJ. I lived in East Orange, NJ for six years when my mother, sisters, and I all moved to Connecticut. The remainder of my childhood was spent in Bridgeport, CT where I learned everything. I learn things like riding my bike, playing sports, talking to girls, etc. My child hood was really fun but It really got fun when I developed a hobby for basketball. I won plenty of trophies in baseball, football, and I even was the 2006 soccer shoot state champion for CT. Although those were big accomplishments basketball out shined them by far.


I started really playing serious in 8th grade for King Kids my first AAU team. Basketball got fun my first game with that team when I scored 20 points. I was so nervous that in practices I would be to scared to score but when the game came around I played like a champ. My coach made me the go to guy. My high school days were great. I played 4 years of varsity basketball for my high school Kolbe Cathedral where I was coached by Chris Smith, Uconn all time leading scorer in points . That's when I decided to go to Nichols College. I hope to gain knowledge that I never knew about computers, in Digital Applications.


My favorite team is the New York Knicks my parents have been fans since I was a kid and I just learned to love them as I got older. Although I am getting frustrated I'm still a die hard fan. The Carmelo Anthony deal was suppose to make  them a playoff contender but it looks like it back fired. We only won one playoff game in the last 10 years, and Carmelo Anthony nor Amare Stoudemire has made a difference. With added pieces like Jr Smith and Tyson Chandler the Knicks should be rocking this upcoming season.

The most interesting blog I saw was the one about Carmelo Anthony doing charity work in Puerto Rico. This is interesting to me because he wanted to be know for his good off the court. Carmelo should that even though he is successful it is important to give back.
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/09/15/carmelo-anthony-unveils-charity-work-in-puerto-rico/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rob im also from NJ 5 min away from Newark in fact. I have lived in Jersey all my life not the greatest area but still had some fun. How is basketball going for you this year so far. Hope you and Nichols college does great this year ill try and come out and support you guys as much as i can. A piece of advice for when you step on that court play within yourself and play the best game that will help you and your team succeed. Athlete to athlete you sound like a cool guy we both have passion for our sport. Hope to see you around campus and good luck this season with basketball.

    ReplyDelete