Friday, September 14, 2012

My First Blog!



Hi, my name is Robert Whittemore JR and I am a resident of Watertown Massachusetts. I attended Minuteman Regional High School, where I took Culinary Arts as a concentration and played on the football and baseball team. I originally attended Johnson & Wales and decided to transfer. I am currently a  second semester sophomore at Nichols College and my intended major is Sports Management. I feel as though a majority of Sports Management students take the major not really knowing what they want to do after. I however, have a few things in mind. Once I graduate I plan on going to graduate school to study law. My eventual goal is to one day start my own sports agency. Law school will help put my foot in the door because agencies tend to hire people who have gone to law school, over those who have not.














I have been working for what seems all of my life. I was taught that hard work pays off. My work experience includes working at a deli/convenient store, Walgreens, Shaws Deli/La Carte, and the United States Postal Service. Being a mail man taught me so much. While the pay was good, the work was hard. I would work around 40-50 hours a week. The job was fun when it was nice and sunny, but it was very dreadful in the rain, snow and winter. There is nothing more miserable then having to walk for eight hours straight in the rain. I was always a hard worker but if there is something that the post office taught me it was that its not something I want to do for a living. It got me to decide to go back to school. After working so hard school is just a breeze for me. My first semester back I made deans list and I don't plan on looking back.

There are many things that I enjoy to do for fun. I am on a mens softball team. I am the Catcher/manager of the team. Last year we won the championship and are currently one game away from winning the championship again this year.

Another thing I like to do for fun that I started this summer is playing what is known as Beruit, or Beer Pong tournaments at bars. These tournaments are run by a company called Snatch Alley. The cups are filled with water and not beer. My friend and I have won four of these tournaments and each tournament has a 200 dollar prize. We easily are one of the best teams around.

My favorite thing to do is probably listen to music. I love majority of music. The only type of music I can't seem to like is country. Artist I enjoy to listen to range from Matchbox 20, Michael Jackson, and 2Pac. My favorite music artist would have to be Joe Budden. I relate to  the majority of his songs, and like that he is not afraid to put his life out in song. I also enjoy watching all sports. I played football my whole life which is my favorite sport. I plan to hopefully play football at Nichols starting next year.

This class seems very interesting. I hope to learn about making websites. I would also like to master all of Microsoft which could potentially help me in a future career. 
The blog that I have decided to post is of my favorite football team the Detroit Lions. The blog is looking forward to the game they have this Sunday night against the San Francisco 49ers. It also talks about the handshake controversy from last years game. It is a creditable blog because it is ESPN. Feel free to add me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter.


















1 comment:

  1. I am also excited to see the 49ers, Lions game. Last year confrontation was extremely entertaining. The game itself should be a good game as well, but let’s be honest we are all looking forward to the post game just as much as we are looking forward to the actual game. Jim Schwartz is a hot head, and always has been it should make the end of the game extremely interesting. I am also considering playing football next year, I don’t really like the game of football, but I am so use to playing it I feel lost without it. I am not sure if I am going to Nichols or not, but wherever I go I am sure I will end up suiting up again. I have wanted to join a men’s softball team for a while now, and I think it’s really cool how you play. I hope this class teaches me how to use Microsoft Word as well.

    ReplyDelete