Sunday, September 16, 2012

Daniel Bufis's Blog

  My name is Daniel Bufis im from Linden, NJ. Im currently a Freshman at Nichols College I plan to major in Sports Management and a minor in International Business or Criminal Justice. Prior to Nichols I have played Junior Hockey since I was 14 years old, I have been playing hockey all together since I was 3 years old. Hockey has always been a huge part of my life, and it has consummed alot of my time growing up through out the years. The leagues i've played in are the EmJHL, MJHL, and the AJHL and played in 4 different states such as New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island , and New Hampshire. It has been a long road and  Iam glad to say that I was very happy to make my commitment to play Division 3 Ice Hockey for Nichols College. It has always been a dream of mine to Play NCAA college hockey no matter where it was, but the right choice was made to come here to continue my hockey career and get the best education I can at Nichols College.
 
  My Past work Experience has consisted of alot of different things such as working at a movie theater, working at different pro shops, hockey rinks, waiter, bartender, bar back, hockey camps, and also a camp counselor every summer for my town. All these jobs where good to learn and they all they helped me in different areas of my life. Working in alot of places shows alot of versatility towards the person I am today.

  When I first took this course I really didnt know what to expect or how to react to it. As I was reading through different things about this course and getting alot of imformation from upper classman I am very excited to be in this class. This course will help me alot in the future as computers and the technology all over the world continues to grow and grow. I expect to know alot of great things about computers and different programs. In todays jobs all over the world it is starting to be a requirement to know how to use different programs such as excell, power point, etc etc. I expect to know alot about these programs and more.

This blog: This blog is about allowing half sheilds in NCAA College hockey. Many people have there opinion on this issue. My opinion on this is that it should be allowed because alot of players are NHL drafted and ready to play in the league. I think it would control more of the injuries to the face and head because more players would have more control of there stick and hands and body. This issue will continue to always be at the top of the list for College hockey players, coaches, and doctors around the world.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you with all of your issues. Seems like you have been playing the sport for a while. I feel that half shields should be allowed because players are good enough to be playing in the ncaa and are aware of anything that can happen so it is there choice on what the outcome happens to be.

    ReplyDelete