Friday, September 14, 2012

Life of a Die Hard Red Sox Fan

Hello, my name is John. I live in Townsend, Massachusetts. It is a small town about fifteen minutes from the city of Fitchburg. I am a management major, and freshmen at Nichols College.  I am the oldest son of Edward, and Michele Costello. I have one younger brother (15), his name his Kevin.  I played football and baseball in high school. However, I am only trying out for baseball at Nichols. I love watching the Red Sox, and have been a die hard fan ever since I can remember. Their woes this season have really angered me. Their coaching staff is horrible, and all deserved to be fired. I will expand my thoughts on this later in the blog. I like to play Xbox in my spare time. I have been wanting to better my knowledge on microsoft office products for awhile now, and I believe that digital applications will be a great help.
The Red Sox failures this season have caused a huge wave of rumors. Red Sox fans have started to start rumors about firing manager Bobby Valentine, and even  going further to say that the Red Sox owners are on the selling block. John Henry, and Tom Werner are the two main owners of the Boston Red Sox. They both have debunked this rumor. (John Henry's Denial Email )I am having trouble believing they arent considering selling the Red Sox. It makes the most sense. They would have no trouble in selling the organization for double what they invested in it, which was 700 million dollars. Even if they did not double it they could easily get over a billion dollars. The Red Sox as an organization need a complete overhaul, but I do not believe selling the team is the best way to do it. One step to bring success back to Boston is Terry Francona. He is a player favorite, and what the Red Sox need most right now is chemistry. The players trust Terry, and vice versa. Fans keep showing up to games, but there really is no happy souls in Boston when the Red Sox are losing. They are in a rebuilding stage, and I can see success in the near future. Fans have no reason to worry. 

1 comment:

  1. Whats up don't know you but kind of do after reading your blog. Deciding to comment on yours just because I see the frustration in the Red Sox as I am a Minnesota sports fans including theTwins who have to say the least been struggling the past few years. I came here because ill be playing hockey but I might be out there for baseball tryouts too if I feel i'm keeping the old grades up. But after reading the article off the link you posted I am agreeing with you in that they definitly should sell ,or at least I would if I was in their shoes. But it would bring new life to the fans and all the players that will be returning to have new regiment for the upcoming season. Must be nice to have to team that is usually consistently good anyways, Twins have been good three years out of my lifetime. Cya Monday.

    ReplyDelete