Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paige LaFlamme Blog #1


Hi everyone, I am Paige LaFlamme. I am from Hudson Massachusetts, I lived there my entire life. For those who do not know, it is a small town ten to fifteen minutes outside of Worcester Massachusetts. I live with my parents and my younger sister Brooke. She is fifteen years old. We surprisingly get along very well, minus the small disputes we have over clothes because we are the same size. I have not worked much but in the past I have worked at a summer gymnastics camp for two years, and I also worked at a Applebee’s the last two years of high school. I am a freshmen here at Nichols college like most of you, and my major is Business Management. I have been a cheerleader and gymnast almost my entire life. In cheerleading I like to base because I am scared of heights, and in gymnastics my favorite events were floor and beam. I was petrified of beam but my coach made me compete it anyways. Straddling it was no fun. 
In this class I hope to gain and learn important aspects of digital applications that will help me with my future. I am sure I will find struggles along the way but it will only help me learn from my mistakes. I am not too great with computers but I hope to expand my knowledge on how to use them to their fullest potential. This class is a good necessity to have for all majors so i feel it is important to take in as much information as possible. 
Here is a blog i found on the internet that i found interesting. I find this blog interesting because it is based on cheerleading. I enjoyed reading posts from it because it varies all different cheerleading, along with their teams, ages, and locations. CheerBlog. I also found this blog interesting because it’s based on one person rather than a few people adding on to one large blog. This blog is run by Shawn Johnson, an ex olympian. She was my favorite to watch during the Olympics. Shawn Jonson's Blog. Thanks for taking the time to look at my post, and learning little things about myself!

2 comments:

  1. hey Paige your blog seemed to be very interesting. it gave a brief summary of your life and what are your hobbies,etc... Just by reading your blog, it seems like i met you already(LOL).And also i could kind of relate to it just cause of the fact that you be cheering here at nichols and that i'm a Football player. well hope you have an amazing cheering season and a good first year of college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige!! I really like your blog! You do a really nice job of describing what you like to do and about your past. I also think that it is very interesting that you are from Hudson, MA , because I live not too far from Hudson. I also realized that we have a lot in common, like we both have participated in cheerleading, gymnastics, and we are both freshman at nichols college (obviously). I think that you should talk more about your high school, just because i would have liked to hear more about it. I also think you need more pictures. We are on the same cheerleading team, which i think is very interesting, and we are also roommates, you are the best roommate ever. I also agree with your thoughts about this class. And i really liked the blogs that you posted, because i am into both cheering and gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete