Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paul Prescott

My name is Paul Prescott and I'm from Oakdale Minnesota just outside of St. Paul. I went to Hill Murray High School there were I played varsity hockey and baseball for three years. Actually, won a state championship there as well in hockey but left my senior year to play junior hockey in the North American Hockey league. I played all over and only have lived at home in the summers since I was seventeen. I have lived in Alexandria Minnesota, Toronto Ontario, and Aberdeen South Dakota over the past 4 years.  That would explain why I am a twenty one year old freshman, spent the last few years playing juniors. While playing puck I also worked and still work at Banner Engineering for the last 2 and a half years where I help with 5S and am a junior auditor. While I'm under General Business for a major at the moment I plan on switching to Business Marketing or Finance. My Family back home is my dad Paul as well, my saint-like mother Mary, and my sister Carly. My dad is a Sales Manager at Lake Air Metal, my mom works for the State as the Civil Rights Officer, and my sister just a year older than me, recently graduated from University of North Dakota as an accounting major. I have a large outer family on my dad's side since he has 11 brothers and sisters but there mostly in Florida so I don't see much of them. My mom just has two brothers who I see often cause they only live a half hour away. I miss Minny and the boys back home but Dudley hasn't been too bad so far.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1323673-nhl-lockout-could-black-friday-be-start-date-for-a-shortened-2012-13-season 

I picked this link related to the 2012-13 NHL Lockout. I am very rattled that there won't be NHL season this year, at least one that starts on time, because NHL games and NHL Network take up most of my TV time.  The article talks about reportedly players who say the league will start right after Thanksgiving which I think is ridiculous and way too short of a season. It's just so they can play the Winter Classic, HBO can have time to make their 24/7 episodes, and the NHL commissioners don't miss out on all that playoff time revenue. Needless to say the article gives me a little hope to see some NHL games this year but I'm still not a happy fan.

In taking this class I plan to fine tune my computer skills as I don't come into school with many. I find computers complicated and a hassle and I'm hoping to be more well rounded with my computed knowledge especially with the commonly used programs.

1 comment:

  1. I also play hockey but, didn't get as serious as you are. I played for a division 3 team that had to co-op with two other schools to get enough kids. Even then we barely had enough kids. I am sure you are going to play for the school so goodluck.

    ReplyDelete