Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dream Vacation Paul Prescott


Where would I go if I could choose a vacation spot? Well I have lived in Minnesota, Toronto, South Dakota, and even Florida for a while. I have been on vacations to New York, Chicago, Colorado, and even have had the chance to spend a week in Switzerland. But as you can see there is no beaches, tiki bars, sand, bikinis, or sun in any of those places (besides Florida, but I was too young to enjoy it).  Especially since most of those were during the winter. This Minnesotan has wanted a vacation on a beach since I was 14 and haven’t ever had the chance with Hockey, because we never get a spring break in high school or juniors. But this year I do have a break, which is why I’m thrilled to write this blog because I will actually be taking this vacation during the upcoming spring break.

Clearly I just described most of everyone’s dream vacation and it might seem cliché but mine has always been Cancun, Mexico.

So you’re thinking typical answer for a kid that just wants to party his face off. But if you lived in places that can drop below zero 4 months out of the year, we’re freshly 21 years old, can tan like a Mexican, and haven’t been on a vacation in 5 years you would choose Cancun too. I’m not going there just to brain cells but I can’t say I’m going to come back with more than I had. This vacation is just about relaxing with the boys, grabbing some sun, taking some time away from hockey and school, and building some memories that I will have the rest of my life. Or so I am told.
 Oasis Resort in Cancun

My parents have booked my round trip flight over break for $348 through my very convenient travel agent for an Aunt. And the hotel (Oasis Cancun) is $160 a night and since I’m still waiting to find out if we’ll have a fifth guy or not, I can’t quite do exact math yet. But my 5 night vacation with food, drinks, souvenir, flights, and hotel will run me for about $1,100 dollars. This is not something I’m terribly thrilled about but to me my dream vacation is well worth it. I hope it’s everything I imagine it to be.

Round trip to Cancun $348

Hotel for 5 Nights(split between guys) $300

Food, Drinks, Souvenirs,   $500

BEST VACATION EVER= PRICELESS

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! This vacation sounds like a lot of fun. A little pricy for some but I'm sure it is well worth it. It looks like a beautiful place to vacation. Me and a couple of my friends were thinking of planning a trip to Cancun. Its a beautiful place to go and a great place for teens and young adults to get to know each other and have a great time. Sounds great, hope you have a great time down there! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancun, Mexico is a great idea for a dream vacation,. I've been to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico which is close to Cancun and I loved it. I don't recommend going in the middle of July, however, which is when my family and I went last year. What I don't understand, however, is when you said "I’m not going there just to brain cells..." I believe you mean kill brain cells. Am I right? I feel bad for you for not being able to take a vacation for 5 years. I kind of know how that feels because my family and I rarely go on vacation to anywhere, but to my mom's friend's house up in Maine for a week in August. The price of the vacation is pretty cheap considering most trips could run into over $3,000 for just one person depending on where you're going, but you always have to account for any spending money for souvenirs and gifts and outside activities that require extra money.
    Anyways, I hope you have a great vacation to Cancun. :)

    ReplyDelete