Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cape Cod TheallCostello


There is one place that I know I can always go to and find serenity. I have been going to Cape Cod three times a year ever since I can remember. We go there for my Aunt, and Brother birthday in September. Then we go in the summer with our entire family including cousins, aunts, and Uncles not just immediate family. Then we go at the end of November for my mom, and I's birthday. We know Cape Cod like the back of our hands. We like the sights, and sounds of the Cape. Everything from the Kennedy Compound, to the very tip of Provincetown. There is a restaurant in Provincetown that we go to every time we go down there. It is called the Lobster Pot. They have the best seafood I have ever had. The clam strips are to die for. They also bring out a huge thing of salad, and homemade salad dressings. (http://www.biteofthebest.com/the-lobster-pot/ ) It is a little creepy down there, however. You have to be very careful what day you go down there otherwise you might see some stuff you don’t want too. The beaches are great too. My favorite beach is Sea Gull beach in Yarmouth. The reason being is that there is very minimal seaweed. Many beaches in Cape Cod are full of seaweed. I hate seaweed more than anything. I will literally refuse to go in the ocean if there is too much seaweed. It is not as much fun without my entire family there, however. Maybe it is my family that puts me into such a relaxed state, but nonetheless the Cape is my favorite place to be. I always tell my Mom to purchase a house down there, because the amount of money we spend on renting houses is ridiculous. I believe that it would be a smart investment for her to just purchase a house. We rent a house once a year at about $3000. We rent a hotel room 10 nights a year at 300 dollars a night. Which will bring the grand total to 6 grand, and that is not even including money for food, and other expenses all in all we probably spend close to 10 grand at the cape a year. It 20 years the house will practically pay for itself.

1 comment:

  1. I love Cape Cod! I was actually in Mashpee for thanksgiving break. I have a big family (7 uncles and aunts on my dads side) and each family rents out condos in Mashpee next to each other for the entire week. Each day all the uncles and male cousins go out and golf at Paul Harneys golf course. When I was little my grandmother lived in South Yarmouth. I used to spend all summer in Yarmouth every year! I hate seafood so I never ate anything at Lobster Pot but I'm sure my family did. They used to go to Seafood Sams a lot and I would just order a grilled cheese. I have gone to Sea Gull beach and like it there as well. Some of my childhood memories is recalling a little bridge at a beach where there was a decent drop where myself and others would jump off the bridge into the water. That was always exhilarating and fun. Cape Cod is a great place to spend time with family. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete