Sunday, November 25, 2012

Blog 4: Dream Place to live Sardinia, Italy

                                                     SARDINIA, ITALY



      My dream place to live would absolutely 100 percent be Sardinia, Italy. Sardinia, Italy is the second biggest island in the Mediterranean Sea. Although a part of Italy there are over 10 different nationalities why they represented over this region. This place is surprisingly not known for their pizza. It is most known for there shellfish and citrus production. With crystal clear water fishing is amongst the most popular past time in Sardinia. The white sand beaches makes you believe Sardinia has been on the background of every screen saver for your computer because of their beautiful paradise. One fascinating thing about Sardinia would be that 80% percent of the land is unpopulated and undiscovered. Their are so many things that Sardinia has to offer that I love about it and could do everyday when in the future of living their. The amazing paradise how beautiful it is just attracts me more and more that I know where my journey leads to and that is Sardinia, Italy. 

     Sardinia has three international airports, and two regional airports. If I were to take off on a flight for Sardinia Italy next week, it would cost me close to $2,800.00 non-stop and one way. Currently, Sardinia is in the best of economic condition as opposed to the rest of Italy, and a good part of Europe as well. The real estate market in Sardinia reasonable if you don't prefer a flashy lifestyle as most of its population does. A reasonably priced 3 bedroom apartment in Cagliari, Sardinia is about 25,000 euros, which is around $32,000.




Tourists that visit Sardinia like to backpack through the terrain and mountainous regions. Horseback riding and ATV’s are very common around Sardinia, for the amount of undiscovered land that surrounds each city and established towns. Hiking and exploring are amongst my favorite hobbies. Since the climate is always warm, the beautiful water is always welcoming to take a swim. Since the area is very volcanic (much like the rest of Southern Italy), natural thermal and mineral baths are like a regular Dunkin’ Donuts in Sardinia. What isn’t to love?



1 comment:

  1. When I saw your blog titled "Dream Place to live Sardinia, Italy" I was instantly interested because I rarely hear anyone speak of their dream trip being anywhere in Europe. Most people, including myself, are fascinated by the popular islands of the Caribbean or Tahiti. Reading your blog made me realize so many more things that make a dream place other than beaches and warm weather. The fact that over 10 different nationalities represent the region makes the area so diverse and so culturally mixed that the people must be completely unique! I also found it fascinating that 80 percent of the land is unpopulated and undiscovered because it gives me the idea of "peace and nature" unlike a popular island crowded with tourists. Although I am not much of a hiker, I am definitely a big fan of swimming especially in a beach with crystal clear water where I can admire the beautiful scenes of mountains and ancient volcanoes. This blog made me realize that although I would absolutely love to visit the Islands of Tahiti with the beautiful lagoons and attractions, I should also consider visiting somewhere like Sardinia where I can not only find beautiful beaches but nature and diversity as well.

    ReplyDelete